Oxford Self Help
Click here to view the Oxford Self Help January 2018 Newsletter
Click here to view the Oxford Self Help February 2018 Newsletter
On April 1, 2017, OSHN and CMHA became one organization. As part of the Strategic Planning process, a Core Purpose was developed for Oxford Self Help, which states:
People helping people help themselves
We support anyone in their mental wellness journey through listening, shared-experience, and belonging
Are you a dynamic, committed individual looking to make a difference in the lives of members of our community?
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Oxford County is focused on promoting mental health and wellness through comprehensive community-based services for individuals, families, groups and organizations. We are a community based organization that provides mental health education and support services. Oxford Self Help, a Peer Support program of CMHA, is currently accepting applications for the position title below:
Peer Supporters assist in demonstrating hope and possibility of recovery through:
- Empowerment and self-determination through non-judgmental listening
- Support to work through difficult feelings and thoughts
- Connections to other agencies, system navigation and information on community resources.
- Support with personal issues such as shelter, housing, food, hygiene, and recreation.
- Assistance in increasing social connections
- Person-centered goal setting and/or problem solving
- Support to family members who would like to understand their loved one’s experience better
You can also access this one-page summary of our Peer Support Program.
The Oxford Self-Help Drop in Centre provides various group programming such as:
- Support groups related to diagnosis such as Mood Disorders, Post-Partum Mood Disorder and Schizophrenia Support
- Educational groups such as Living Life to the Full, life skills like budgeting, self-care,
- Wellness groups such as mindfulness, meditation
- Psycho-social rehab groups such as Choices (a healthy lifestyle group), Grocery Shopping program
- Social/Activity groups such as crafts, cards, and book club.
- Outreach and education with the hospital and other community agencies such as the community health centre
- Geographical coverage with drop in groups and support groups in Tillsonburg and Ingersoll
For more information call 519-539-8055 or email email@example.com